Price: 35,50 €
(as of Apr 13,2021 19:48:12 UTC – Details)
Publisher’s Note: This is an outdated edition published in 2018. Cyberthreats and the strategies to counter them have evolved exponentially in the months since this book was first published. A new edition, updated for 2020 with the very latest in cybersecurity threats and defense strategies, is now available.
Enhance your organization’s security posture by improving your attack and defense strategies
- Explore Blue Team tactics and understand different attack methods and patterns to recognize abnormal behavior within your organization
- Discover unique techniques to gather exploitation intelligence, identify risk and demonstrate impact with Red Team and Blue Team strategies
- Gain hands-on experience in mitigating risks and preventing attackers from infiltrating your system
To prevent security threats, improving the cybersecurity posture of your organization using effective Red Team and Blue Team tactics is crucial.
In this book, you’ll start by exploring the concept of security posture before moving on to Red Team tactics, where you will learn the basic syntax for Windows and Linux tools that are commonly used to perform the necessary operations. You will then get hands-on with using Red Team techniques with powerful tools such as Python and PowerShell, which will enable you to discover vulnerabilities in your system and exploit them. As you progress, you’ll learn how a system is usually compromised by adversaries and how they hack a user’s identity, along with the different tools used by the Red Team to find vulnerabilities, protect the user’s identity and prevent credential theft. Next, you’ll focus on the defense strategies followed by the Blue Team to enhance the overall security of a system. You will learn how to ensure that there are security controls in each network layer, and carry out the recovery process of a compromised system. Finally, you’ll get to grips with creating a vulnerability management strategy and discover different techniques for manual log analysis.
By the end of this book, you will be well-versed with Red and Blue Team tactics and have learned the latest techniques to attack and defend systems.
What you will learn
- Explore stages of a cyber attack with the help of the cybersecurity kill chain
- Learn how to strengthen your defense strategy by improving your security policies, securing your network, implementing active sensors, and using threat intelligence
- Get to grips with performing an incident investigation
- Gain useful insights into the recovery process
- Understand continuous security monitoring and how to implement a vulnerability management strategy
- Perform log analysis to identify suspicious activities
Who This Book Is For
This book is for IT professionals who want to venture into the IT security domain. IT pentesters, security consultants, and ethical hackers will also find this book useful. Prior knowledge of penetration testing will be beneficial.