Price: 42,78 €
(as of Feb 22,2021 03:08:08 UTC – Details)
Discover end-to-end penetration testing solutions to enhance your ethical hacking skills
- Conduct effective penetration tests using the latest version of Kali Linux
- Use tools such as Metasploit, Wireshark, and Nmap to detect vulnerabilities with ease
- Perform networking and application attacks using task-oriented recipes
With attacks on systems and networks evolving continuously, it has become more important than ever to pentest your environment to ensure advanced-level security. Ethical hackers can help improve the security of networks or systems by performing penetration tests to identify security vulnerabilities. Packed with concise and task-oriented recipes, this book will quickly get you started with Kali Linux (version 2018.4 / 2019), the most advanced and popular pentesting distribution, and take you through its core functionalities.
This ethical hacking book starts by helping you to install and configure Kali Linux. You’ll learn how to plan attack strategies and perform web application exploitation using tools such as Burp and JexBoss. As you progress, you’ll get to grips with using Metasploit, Sparta, and Wireshark for performing network exploitation. The book will also delve into the technique of carrying out wireless and password attacks using Patator, John the Ripper, and airoscript-ng, and then focus on a wide range of tools for forensic investigations and incident response mechanisms. In concluding chapters, you’ll learn to create an optimum pentest report that covers structured details of the pentesting engagement.
By the end of this book, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge you need to conduct advanced penetration testing and write detailed reports for patching vulnerabilities.
What you will learn
- Install, set up, and customize Kali for pentesting on multiple platforms
- Pentest routers and embedded devices
- Use software-defined radios to work with frequencies
- Pwn and escalate through a corporate network
- Understand how to write good quality security reports
- Explore digital forensics and memory analysis with Kali Linux
Who this book is for
If you are an IT security professional, pentester, or security analyst who wants to conduct advanced penetration testing, this book is for you. Basic knowledge of Kali Linux is assumed.
Table of Contents
- Kali – An Introduction
- Gathering Intel and Planning Attack Strategies
- Vulnerability Assessment – Poking for Holes
- Web App Exploitation – Beyond OWASP Top 10
- Network Exploitation
- Wireless Attacks – Getting Past Aircrack-ng
- Password Attacks – The Fault in Their Stars
- Have Shell, Now What?
- Buffer Overflows
- Elementary, My Dear Watson – Digital Forensics
- Playing with Software-Defined Radios
- Kali in Your Pocket – NetHunters and Raspberries
- Writing Reports